Matthew 14 – (NKJV)
16) But Jesus said to them, “They do not need to go away. You give them something to eat.”
17) And they said to Him, “We have here only five loaves and two fish.”
18) He said, “Bring them here to Me.”
19) Then He commanded the multitudes to sit down on the grass. And He took the five loaves and the two fish, and looking up to heaven, He blessed and broke and gave the loaves to the disciples; and the disciples gave to the multitudes.
20) So they all ate and were filled, and they took up twelve baskets full of the fragments that remained.
21) Now those who had eaten were about five thousand men, besides women and children.
“Bring them here to Me.” Do you have that level of faith to bring your lack and your short supply to Him? Have you even thought of it that way? When I am lacking something I usually whine and ask for what I need. Am I supposed to bring what I have to Him first and then let Him multiply it and make it enough? That’s what I’m hearing today in this scripture.
It’s OK if you really don’t see how this is going to work. The disciple didn’t either! But in their doubt they still did what he said and brought what they had to Him. It’s interesting – He used “the five loaves and two fishes” which they had mentioned as an excuse, perhaps, for not doing anything.
“Bring them here to Me.” I’m seeing that we need to give Him what we have. I can’t hold back anything because I lack faith or understanding for a given situation. I just hand everything over to Jesus and let Him bring Glory to the situation and to Himself.
He will accept whatever I bring: this is implied in the command to bring it.
He can make a little go a long way.
Is that a challenge to you today? It certainly is to me. But I think that if we do this – we will see great miracles.
That’s what Jesus does. He’s in the miracle business!
“… those who had eaten were about five thousand… “
I’m working hard to trust Him and to follow His lead…